During fall the temperature decreases and pest will come running inside your properties looking for shelter in warmer temperature. This can be a hazard for your health and you property. Pest along with them may bring diseases and also cause damage to your property.
On September 24th The National Pest Management Association(NPMA) released its bi-annual Bug Barometer® forecast, a seasonal projection of the pest pressure and activity Americans can expect to see in their respective regions of the country based on weather patterns, long-term forecasts and pest biological behaviors. According to the group’s team of entomologists, the warm and wet summer experienced across most of the nation coupled with predictions of bitter cold and snow this winter will force pests indoors in droves.
Cockroaches, ants, lady beetles, stink bugs, cluster fly, mosquitos. ticks and rodents are the most common fall pest you may see indoors during fall depending on your location.
Beginning of fall is the best time to do pest proofing to prevent pests from coming inside your property. Some simple pest proofing tips recommended by Pest Control Products Depot are:
- Due to many people ordering online during COVOD19, there is an increase in postal deliveries, always inspect your boxes for pests before you bring them inside.
- Heavy rains during late summer might have water collected in pots and gutters. Make sure you clean and dry out all stagnant water to keep mosquitos and ticks away.
- Enjoy fall temperatures in your back yard during fall but don’t forget to clean up all the food and litter after you leave to keep pests away.
- Pest love moisture, make sure to use dehumidifiers inside your attics and basement to help with ventilation and decrease humidity.
- Lastly seal all the holes, cracks and crevices to avoid rats and mice from entering your properties.
Some useful DIY pest control products that would come handy in fall are:
Temprid Ready Spray
Comes in a easy to use spray bottle and controls many hard to kill pests like bed bugs, spiders, boxelder bugs, ants, carpenter bees, beetles, centipedes, clothes moths, cluster flies, cockroaches, crickets, earwigs, fleas, flies, fruit flies, globular stink (kudzu) bugs, gnats, grain weevils, millipedes, mosquitoes, moths, scorpions, silverfish, ticks and wasps.
Cimexa Insecticide Dust
CimeXa™ is a dessicant dust that has no odor and will not stain. Controls Ants, Cockroaches, Firebrats, Silverfish, Spiders, Mites, Bed Bugs, Lice, Fleas, Ticks, and Drywood Termites.
Catchmaster 48 WRG Cold Temperature Glue Board Trap
Glue board designed to control rodent problems in cold weather. Provides excellent catch ability down to 30 degrees F. Simply place the Trapper Glue Board along a wall or other rodent runway. Rats and mice will run right into it and become stuck on the thick glue surface