While there are more than 10,000 species of ants present, only 5 ants are common invaders. Ants live in colonies and the workers work very hard to keep their queen and her offspring’s happy. They are always in search of food and shelter and often march indoors invading your property during summers.
Five most common ants in United States are:
Pavement Ants: They are dark brown to black in color and around 1/8th inch long in size. They are found everywhere in USA.
Argentine Ants: They are brown in color and less than quarter of an inch in size. They are found mostly in south – eastern parts of USA.
Carpenter Ants: They are reddish brown in color and around 5/8th inch in size. They are found mostly in the northern part of USA.
Fire Ants: They are reddish brown in color and are 1/8th to 3/8th inch long in size. They are found in the southern USA.
Odorous Ants: They are dark brown to black in color and 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch in size. They are found everywhere in USA.
According to the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), ants are the number one pest problem for which homeowners rely on professional advice and solutions. The NPMA offers the following preventative measures for keeping ants out of the home:
- Seal cracks and crevices around foundations that allow entry from the outside as well as cracks and crevices inside the home.
- Store sugar, syrup, honey and other sweets in closed containers and wipe the outside of the containers to eliminate any sticky residue.
- Dispose of trash regularly to prevent ants from becoming a problem indoors.
- Thoroughly clean up grease and spills.
- Inspect potted plants inside the home for signs of nesting and remove the plants at the first sign of an infestation.
- Rinse out empty soft-drink containers and store them away from the home.
- Reduce moisture in and around structures that may be attractive to ants by repairing leaking hose bibs and other supply lines, downspouts, drain lines and air conditioner condensate lines.
We at Pest Control Products Depot Sell Manufacturer recommended professional Do It Yourself Pest Control Products.
Bifen IT Multi-Use Insecticide is the choice of many professional pest control operators as it can be used both indoors and outdoors in residential, institutional, public, commercial and Industrial buildings and lawn, ornamentals, parks, recreational areas and athletic fields.
Though ants don’t posses high health risk, they can contaminate food, cause painful stings and can also cause severe damage to your properties.