Summer may be peak season for flying insects but many crawling pests move indoors in winter seeking water, shelter, food and warmth. Top 6 pests that are most common in USA during winter according to our expert entomologist Dr. Raj Patel at pest Control Products Depot are:
- Rodents (Mouse & Rats)
- German roach
- Bed bug
- Stink Bug
- Box Elder bug
- Brown recluse Spider
NPMA National Pest Management Association offers a few important measures to prevent pests in winter season:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your home to help prevent rodents from getting inside. Be sure to check the areas where utilities and pipes enter the home. A mouse can fit through a hole the size of a dime.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home. Mice and ants can make their nests in woodpiles and easily gain access to your home if the pile is nearby.
- Rodents can hide in clutter, so keep storage areas well organized, and store boxes off of the floor.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains. Extra attention should be paid to kitchens and bathrooms, as these areas are particularly vulnerable to cockroach infestations.
- Install door sweeps and repair damaged screens in windows.
- Screen vents to chimneys. Keep attics, basements and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
If you notice a pest infestation, it is best to take help of professional pesticides to get rid of them. PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS DEPOT is your best source for professional Grade Pest control Products and Equipment supplies. Recommended for use by Home Owner, Business Owner, Commercial applicators, Pest control operators (PCO), Pest Management Professionals, In house pest control staff members etc.
Use what the professional pest control companies & exterminators use, shop online at www.pestcontrolproductsdepot.com
We typically recommend pest control chemicals that get the job done using the least amount of product that professional pest control companies & exterminators use, but at a fraction of the cost. For questions please email us at email@example.com